| Robert -- |
Right around this time of year, you see a whole lot of "Top 10" lists.
I can't resist offering my opinion -- so here's mine.
The Top 10 Reasons to Donate to OFA Before Our Year-End Deadline. (Of course you can skip this and just donate right now, too.)
10. Millions of Americans voted for President Obama's agenda in 2012 -- OFA is hard at work, organizing at the grassroots level, to make sure we get the job done.
9. Sometimes we do stuff that annoys the other side. When House Speaker John Boehner let the government shut down, we took over his Facebook page. That stuff pays off -- it's not a coincidence that he finally stood up to the extreme voices earlier this month and helped pass a bipartisan budget.
8. We make sure climate change deniers in Congress feel the heat (get it?). These are the people who are preventing meaningful action from Congress on one of the most important issues of our time. We're not letting them get away with denying what 97 percent of scientists believe is true.
7. The Koch brothers are spending millions to try and dismantle Obamacare -- we're fighting back to make sure the law is a success. This one's a no-brainer -- whose side are you on?
6. We get local, too. In 2013, OFA volunteers joined coalitions on the ground to help bring marriage equality to Illinois, raise the minimum wage in New Jersey, and protect women's rights in Albuquerque. In 2014, we'll be taking on marriage equality in Oregon and gun violence prevention laws in Washington, among many others.
5. This organization as we know it started on the backs of napkins at a sandwich shop in January. That's where OFA executive director Jon Carson started planning to make the biggest grassroots movement in politics a perpetual force to be reckoned with. Now we have more than 100 staffers, tens of thousands of volunteers, and more than 4 million people committed to action across the country.
4. OFA is an entirely grassroots-funded organization. We don't take money from corporations or shadowy secretive groups -- we're driven by our members who chip in what they can, when they can.
3. From now until the end of the year, we'll recognize every person who chips in by putting their name on the Donor Wall on BarackObama.com.
2. OFA is in this for the long haul. We're training hundreds of progressive organizers next spring, who will go out and change the world for the better.
1. When you chip in today, you'll be building this organization right from the start.
Plus a bonus reason:
It really freakin' matters. Progress isn't possible without supporters like you stepping up to do your part.
Robert -- we need you on the team. Chip in $5 or more today:
Thanks so much,
Organizing for Action
The other side will spend millions to maintain the status quo. We're fighting for change -- chip in $5 or more to support OFA today.
Contributions or gifts to Organizing for Action are not tax deductible.
This email was sent to: email@example.com.
Saturday, December 28, 2013
It really freakin' matters
at 9:46 AM