Happy weekend! We hope you're getting some down time. Because your voice is so, so needed as we #KeepMarching! :)
We're sending a quick reminder of two important opportunities:
- MomsRising (Free!) Tele-Conference on The Nuts & Bolts Advocacy & Organizing, hosted by MomsRising on February 21. We're sharing some of our best tips for taking action and making change happen. Sign up for this special event here: http://action.momsrising.org/survey/KeepMarchingTeleTownHall_TacticsTips/?t=2&akid=8806.847037.neMYEi
- Attend your Member of Congress' Town Hall Meeting in February! Many members are hosting events to hear from constituents like you. You are powerful, and we hope you can go to a local event. Interested? We’ll give you everything you need to attend, including a small booklet of healthcare stories for you to hand to your member of Congress. Just sign up here: http://action.momsrising.org/signup/town-hall-protect-healthcare/?t=4&akid=8806.847037.neMYEi
Can't make either? Don't worry! We know how busy you are. Stay tuned for the launch of our latest toolkit for activists, which will share even more tools for taking action anytime, anywhere.
Thank you for all you do!
- Kristin, Beth, Felicia, Gloria, Donna and the rest of the MomsRising team!
==Begin forwarded message==
After the Women’s March, women, mothers and others across the country vowed to #KeepMarching. And members like you are in fact still marching in many ways—by paying attention, speaking out and showing up, online AND on the ground. MomsRising sees our members joining together by the thousands, building up your voices and your power in defense of families, communities and our country.
We could not be more proud, and we are with you every step of the way!
That’s why, on Tuesday, February 21, at 9 PM EST, MomsRising is holding a Telephone Town Hall to share simple, easy-to-use tips about some of our favorite organizing and advocacy tactics with our members who are ready to do more.
*RSVP now for the MomsRising Telephone Town Hall.
MomsRising knows a thing or two about organizing and advocacy, which we can't wait to share with you. During the MomsRising Telephone Town Hall, we’ll cover:
- How to use local petition efforts to have a high impact
- How to hold effective meetings with lawmakers—from your town council to the U.S. Congress
- How to write powerful Letters to the Editor
- How to use online tools to drive in-person action
- How to pick targets and tactics for maximum impact
- And more
*Tell us you’ll be joining us by RSVPing now:
This is how it will work: When you RSVP, you’ll tell us the best phone number where you can be reached. Then, we’ll call you at the scheduled time and plug you right in. You won't need to write down a phone number and dial in, you'll just pick up when you hear the phone ring at 9 PM EST!
Here are the MomsRising Telephone Town Hall details again:
Who: All women, mothers, and others who are working hard to #KeepMarching
What: MomsRising Telephone Town Hall conference call about tactics and best practices in advocacy and organizing that you can use
When: Tuesday, February 21, at 9 PM EST
Where: Wherever you are, over the phone
We can’t wait to have this Town Hall with you! Together, we’ll #KeepMarching for women’s rights and human rights, and for our families, our communities and our country.
— Kristin, Gloria, Beth, Nate and the entire MomsRising.org team
Like what we're doing? Donate: We're a bootstrap, low-overhead, mom-run organization. Your donations make the work of MomsRising.org possible--and we deeply appreciate your support. Every little bit counts. Donate today on our secure website.
What should MomsRising tackle next? Tell us what's on your mind.