Nixon had the Watergate scandal. Warren Harding had Teapot Dome. And during his eight years in office Barack Obama presided over a veritable host of scandals--ranging from IRS targeting of political groups, to the death of Ambassador Stevens in Benghazi, Libya, to the unsecured email server of his Secretary of State.
Inauguration Week is a fitting time to review the many ethical lapses of the departing Administration, while tying its malfeasance to other major scandals in American history-as well as Presidents who managed major issues ethically and skillfully!
Wednesday, Jan. 25, 4 pm
Meet in Lafayette Square, next to the Andrew Jackson statue in the center of the Square.
This unique tour for Inauguration Week will visit over a dozen historical locales around the Executive Mansion-the perfect place to examine Presidential wrongdoing. It will draw from the following topics:
* The record federal debt-more than all the other Presidents combined!
* The first controversy involving the U.S. Treasury
* The "video game" cover-up of Ambassador Stevens' murder
* How President Jefferson dealt with Libyan "pirates"
* How Hillary Clinton's private server would have landed anyone else in jail
* Instigating attacks upon police
* Bowing to mainland China's government
* Open borders and migrant crises
* How a famous American dealt with an immigrant crisis
* Hillary and Obama's "reset" with Russia
* Toppling Gaddafi and the Libyan hornet's nest
* What Chief Executives presided over the weakest economies in U.S. history?
* Executive orders that flouted the Constitution
* How Madison crafted a Constitution to check abuse by a President
* Obama and the "JV team"
* Fallout from the bailouts and TARP
* U.S. Grant's money scandals
* The death of scores of military veterans denied medical care-under Obama and Harding
* A President's radical roots
* The Clinton Foundation's pay for play
* The explosion of healthcare costs and promises
* Sending weapons to Mexican drug cartels
* How a war hero President handled illegal immigration
* The Gitmo obsession: releasing dangerous terrorists
* A "red line" and a Syrian holocaust
* The trillion-dollar stimulus payoffs
* Reagan's "stimulus" for the American worker and employer
* Spying on your emails
* Illicit eavesdropping by prior Presidents
* Payoffs to solar energy campaign donors
* Denying school choice to poor kids
* Secret Service scandals past and present
* And more!
Your guide is a ex-Presidential speechwriter and ex-writer for Jay Leno's "The Tonight Show".
Tues 1/31 ATP Shows 'Bleeding Edge' on China Organ Harvesting
Please join us the evening of Tuesday, January 31st for a screening of the dramatic feature film The Bleeding Edge which brings home the ugly realities of China's forced organ harvesting in ways that dry technical reports cannot.
When a young western tech executive based in China suffers from heart failure on the job, he receives a heart transplant from an unknown donor. Once he discovers the horrific truth behind his operation he must risk his life to help save the next victims and find redemption.
a convenient location south of Old Town
WHEN Tuesday, January 31, 2017 (Snow Date - February 7th) 6:00pm - 9:00pm (doors open 6:00pm - program starts at 6:30pm)
ATP members have been sent an evite and registration link. All others - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat.
Fri 2/10Reagan's 106th Birthday Party and Fundraiser ($$)
From the Ronald Reagan Lecture Series -
Join us for a Reagan Ranch Experience!
with Renowned Reagan Author
Reagan-inspired menu and music
Special reception in the Historic Belmont Manor House, visited by four US Presidents
Early Bird Tickets $125 /person through December 31 $150 afterwards
Friday, February 10, 2017 6:30 to 10 PM Belmont Country Club 9661 Belmont Manor Lane Ashburn, VA 20147
To be released on March 21, 2017 is Reagan Rising, The Decisive Years covering the period between 1976 and 1980 when Reagan's political outlook and philosophy underwent an enormous and significant change. Shirley's Reagan books have been hailed as the definitive works on the Gipper's campaigns of 1976 and 1980. The London Telegraph called Shirley as "the best of the Reagan biographers".
Highlighted book titles link to the RRLS Amazon page, where your purchase provides a small donation to the ongoing work of the Ronald Reagan Lecture Series.
The Ronald Reagan Lecture Series is a 501(c)(3) non profit educational organization incorporated in Virginia.